Monday, June 14, 2010

Another no-content day

 These last few months have been crazy !! And that's no excuse for me to be lazy and not post anything, but I feel like I can get away with it, mostly because of the few followers I have.

That said, there has been a lot of amazing Ukulele things happening in my little town of Redding, California. Not only have three of my close friends learned the uke, but there is a brand new Ukulele club in town  and I hope to get the jump on it soon.

My three friends Aleisha (Bluebird Russian),Aaron, and Billy are all slowly taking their places as Ukulele gods.

  If you asked me a year ago about the ukulele I would tell you that I call myself the best ukulele player in Redding. Because A) besides myself, and my sister, I was the only ukulele player in redding. and B) Nobody cares who the best ukuklele player in redding is ....

Now however, my skills are being put to the test by my friends. Aaron is picking up things in hours, that took me weeks to figure out  (this I contest, must be because I am such a good teacher) Aleisha, not only has an amazing and sultry singing voice, but is basically 100% self taught. I literally put a ukulele in her hands and said "Go".

And they went, both of them, and just like everyone touched by ukulele, they are addicted. I am constantly getting phone calls from Aaron.

" Oh man Ethan, go listen to this ukulele artist, she is really good."  
or     " I just learned this song, check it out!"

Whats great is having friends that are just as fired up about ukulele as I am.  so take that for what it was.
 
Also because I feel bad that I haven't posted anything in forever,I give you this:
Proof I should never have a child, or even touch one for that matter.


















I have a question. Its my sign of getting cheesy ?
What sign off ?
What do you mean what sign off?
You know !

Stay Tuned
~Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment